Your subconscious mind controls most of what you do (like deciding to read this article), and yet, if you’re like most traders, you pay very little attention to how we can use your subconscious to direct your mind toward more profitable trading.
Here’s a funny story, happened today in fact, and it reminded me of the subconscious. On this blustery, winter day, I saw this bloke strip down to his undies and jump into Sydney Harbour.
Why you ask?
Because his “bestie” (that black dog looking over the ledge) lost his ball.
The poor guy claimed “He’ll be crying all night if I don’t get it back…”
So he did the obvious thing, he dropped his clothes on the sidewalk and jumped into the water, searching for his dog’s ball.
Amazing what we do for our pets, isn’t it?
But it’s even more amazing what your Subconscious Mind does for you. It literally controls your life. It’s the “ball” that dictates everything, it’s your entire world (just as this dog’s world obviously revolves around his little ball.
Amazing, but true, your subconscious is:
- Always alert & awake: when you’re climbing the stairs, it’s countin’ steps, when you fall in sleep in front of the TV, it’s watching (and remembering) the commercials, it sees all.
- Living in the “NOW”: if you tell your subconscious you will start making consistent money, then it will be waiting for it to happen in the future because “you will start making money” is referring to something that “will” happen, but isn’t happening now.
- Interpreting everything LITERALLY: so whatever you do, don’t seed your subconscious with thoughts such as “I’m such a muffin-brain!” otherwise you may notice muffin crumbs on the next Q-tip you stick in your ear…
- Truly a supercomputer: Your subconscious is counting, directing and planning just about everything important to you. It wipes the floor with your conscious mind.
- Leaking messages in your dreams: Dreams are a great window into what your subconscious is ruminating on.
- Lacking verbal language: Words have no place in your subconscious, it is all about symbols, feelings and gut reactions.
- Devoid of logic: It’s all about feelings. When you say “I feel _____” that may be leaking through from your subconscious.
- Capable of trillions of processes: Yeah, yeah, quantum computers are cool and all, but your subconscious wipes the floor with those silly toys, it is literally a “Quantum Computer in Your Head.”
- Directed by your habits: Your subconscious mind assumes you are gonna do today what you did yesterday, until your conscious mind intervenes.
- What controls 95% of you do daily: Thinking about pulling the plug early on that trade? Want to trade a system you haven’t tested? Looking to take 300% more risk on the next trade? These trading mistakes are all fueled by your subconscious mind.
So here’s the deal, most of what you do each day is dictated by your subconscious. You, me and your Aunt Judy are living on autopilot thanks to the power of the subconscious mind.
So how do you use the inherent power of your subconscious to improve your trading results? This is what you’ll get in the “Subconscious Profits” webinar, I’ll even give you a one-page cheat sheet with all of the subconscious “tools of the trade” for improving your trading psychology. I hope you can make it to the event!